Thursday, October 9, 2014

Sweet Vivy

When my husband and I found out we were having a girl we were shocked.
It was a snowy day. We were running late. We wanted Jameson there to be a part of it. My mom drove him because Gabe and I had to go to work right after. She couldn't find a parking spot so Gabe and I had to go in to the appointment without him. My mom would bring him in when she found a spot to park.
We went in excited, anxious, and positive it was a boy. Jameson wanted a sister, he said, but at 2.5 years old Gabe and I both knew he obviously had no idea how much fun a brother would be for him. To be honest, we were a bit scared to have a girl. Girls played with dolls, and tea sets, and wore dresses and things with sparkles. How could they play together with a tea set, in the dirt, in a dress, with trucks while also being ninjas? We just didn't see that happening.
Gabe and I went in to the ultrasound room, got prepped, and the technician started explaining what we were seeing. Jameson and my mom hadn't arrived yet. The technician started entering data in the computer. Gabe and I talked about something trivial... Probably what we were going to do for dinner that night. Then, ever so nonchalantly,  the tech said, "And it's a girl." There was no question of were we ready to find out. No, "oh, there it is!"... not even an excited tone in her voice. Just very matter-of-factly... "And it's a girl." Wait, what? You meant boy, right?
Jameson walked into the room very apprehensive with my mom. Gabe and I were still in shock and told him he got his wish, a little sister. Now, what in the world were we going to do with a little girl?
To put it simply,  we love her with every fiber of our being. We make silly faces at her. We sing to her. Jameson reads to her. We feed her. We feel for teeth (3 this past week!). We take way too many photos of her. We try to make her smile and laugh every waking moment. To put it matter-of-factly, we do the same things with her as we would do if she were Jameson's little brother.
She is our sweet little grizzly bear who growls, smiles with her whole body, gets hangry like her Mommy and big brother, loves people, and gets a twinkle in her eye when she sees Jameson. I can't imagine it any other way.
Still in the hospital. Mommy cuddles (more on this later!).
Sweet as can be in her swing at just a few days old.
Forget the pacifier... she found her thumb!
Obviously loving her new bunny slippers!

No comments:

Post a Comment