Thursday, September 4, 2014

Weekend Recap!

This weekend went by way too fast.

Don't they all?

For my whole adult life- up until almost 1 year ago- weekends meant nothing. I worked in retail or was waiting tables, so when weekends rolled around my life didn't change. I still went to work.  I couldn't plan a "weekend away" without asking for time off, and doing so meant i would most likely miss out on making most of my weekly income. Literally... for 13 years this was what my life was like.

The schedule didn't really bother me until 3 years ago when my son was born. Sure, there was that sting of jealousy when I'd see my friends on FB post things like "TGIF!" or "On the patio with my peeps cooling off with a cold bev" or "Come to (insert bar name here) for happy hour!!!" You get the picture. My weekends came with stress of working all the time, not seeing my husband and child, little sleep... it wasn't fun. I despised days of the week starting with the letter "S".

A year ago that all changed. I was offered a job with a regular schedule- M-F 40 hours a week, benefits, paid time off... you name it.  It was a game life changer. Now, with 2 kids, a new (to us) house with endless projects to take on, and a summer full of incredible weather, my weekends with my family are what I look forward to most.

Here's a recap of our weekend in photos. (Photo cred: me. Camera used: Samsung Galaxy S4) 

My husband, Gabe, before he walked out the door to compete in Tough Mudder. It's been dubbed the most challenging obstacle course on the planet. (Also note the home improvement project in the back. Sheetrock for days!)


Jameson, Vivy and I made the trek to "The Island" (Long Island, Maine... an entry for another day). We decided this looked like a great place to enjoy lunch together while Vivy slept in the stroller. We spotted 2 turtles in the pond, and had a really nice time walking around. The amount of love I have for this child (and this island) is unreal.

We made a trip to Sebago Brewing for a pretzel rod (or 3) and a water on our way to our car when we got off the boat.  Not sure why it took me so long to figure out this genius way to transport 2 kids without a bulky double stroller.
Bonus: Jameson had a blast!


Look who figured out how to get her arms out when she rolls over! You go girl!
#passedout

No comments:

Post a Comment