Friday, August 22, 2014

On being a big brother

I have no idea how to be a big brother- I'm the baby of my family and female.  When i brought my daughter home from the hospital yesterday 3 months ago, I had no idea how my then almost 3 year old son would handle it.

My mom told me when she brought me home from the hospital,  my brother said he would "be my guardian angel. " I think he forgot that during his teen years ;)

My son is very high energy, smart,  funny, and needy loving. My husband and I wondered if we did the right thing by giving him a sibling.  Would he resent us for now having to split our time between him and a newborn? Would he resent his sister for taking up all our time?  Would we have time to successfully parent both children AND stay sane?
Yes, his shoes are on the wrong feet :)


When Jameson meet his sister, Vivy, he asked us if she was "like glass," which was his incredibly cute toddler way of asking us if she was fragile.  He held her and smiled and rubbed her head.  He held her hand.  He stared in amazement.



He wanted to lay with her on the couch when we brought her home.  He sang her songs.  He gave her toys to make her feel better when she was crying.  He played his little Christmas guitar for her. 


She's three months old now.  Looks like we had nothing to worry about. 



No comments:

Post a Comment